Scott Host began as an independant developer who began as a basement programmer. He began programming on the V-20 & then the C-64 when he was only 16 years old. His dream of creating his own computer games was to become a reality when he first released his game called "Galactix", in 1992.
In the year of 1994, the PC shareware gaming scene was on the verge of an explosion with smash hits like Wolfenstein 3D and Doom. During this time, a game was born to take the PC world by storm with its amazing visuals & special effects. It was the one & only, “Raptor: Call of the Shadows”. This launched Scott’s own company: Cygnus Studios, which later became Mountain King Studios.
"Raptor" was reviewed in 1994, DragonMagazine #208 in the "Eye of the Monitor" column where the game was given 4 out of 5 stars. Gametrailers.com and ScrewAttack have labeled it as one of their "Top Ten 2-D Shooters." The games, "Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold" & "Blake Stone: Planet Strike" have used animation routines from "Raptor".
In 1998, Scott Host achieved further success when "DemonStar"was made. By 1999, it went on to win ZDNet shareware of the year. This lead to the development of "DemonStar: Secret Missions 1", which was released in 2002. To follow, came "DemonStar: Secret Missions 2" in 2003. In 2004, Scott Host did something different. He made "Treasure Fall", an awesome classic item matching puzzle game. Scott Host has been an employee of PopCap Chicago as a programmer/game designer since 2007.
For almost 20 years, customers have and can continue to be confident when purchasing our products because our same principles still hold true for every game we create:
• Our games have only the finest quality of visuals and audio with careful attention to detail and playability.
• You will not find any lackluster clones or formula games here.
• We only release products that adhere to the highest standards in PC entertainment.
• You can be rest assured that when you download a game from "Mountain King Studios, Inc.", it will be fun, polished, & work on your PC.
• We always offer an unconditional 30-day satisfaction guarantee on all of our games.